THE 2016 JUNE RECITAL
Saturday June 11th 11:00am, 1:30pm, 4:00pm, 6:30pm &
Sunday June 12th 11:00am, 1:30pm, 4:00pm, 6:30pm
The shows have no intermission.
at the Woodside Performing Arts Center, Churchill Ave. (cross street Woodside Road, Woodside)
All students should be backstage in the dressing room with the parent in charge of the group 30 minutes before the start of the show. Do not wear your costumes to the theatre, please change in your assigned dressing room. After leaving your child backstage, please return to the theatre to enjoy the show. Their teacher will meet them backstage with the chaperone and escort the children on and off the stage. The chaperone will stay with the children and watch them perform in the wings. After their dance, the parent in charge will escort them to the dressing rooms for parent pick up. Please pick up your child when they are done dancing, not at the end of the show. After you have picked up your child, take them back into the theatre so that they may enjoy the other dances. Dancers will need a ticket to sit in the theatre,unless they wish to sit on their parents lap, at no charge. Students in more than one number stay backstage to prepare for their next dance. They will need their parent with them backstage at this time; the parent will take them to the next group parent. A mother in charge of a group is not responsible to deliver a student to their next dance.
will be distributed in class at the beginning of May.
will be in each class the week prior to performances (Saturday June 4th through Friday June 10th). No theatre dress rehearsal.
SHOW RUNNING ORDER
will be posted at all Studios in May. Please check to see where in the show your child will be dancing. Each class performs in one show on one day. Advanced students are in multiple shows. Please check spelling of your dancers name in the program posted at the studios.
ALL SEATS ARE RESERVED!
Adults $25.00 – Child/Senior $15.00
Children are 12 and under and Seniors are 62 and above. Young children sitting on lap do not need a ticket.
Tickets will go on sale Saturday, May 7th 10:00am- 1:00pm (CASH OR CHECK ONLY at the Main Studio, back parking lot).
Tickets will be on sale in the office starting May 9th (CASH, CHECK or CC).
No refunds. Tickets can be exchanged for different shows, pending availability. Please make sure you purchase tickets for the correct show your child will be dancing in.
Tickets will be sold at the door before performance times, if still available.
PLEASE REMEMBER A FEW RULES:
- NO eating or gum chewing in your costume.
- NO jewelry on stage, please leave it at home as we are not responsible for watching purses and valuables.
- NO underpants under costumes
- Hair should be neat and styled according to the teachers directions.
- Light make up, lipstick and blush may be used by the dancers. No nail polish.
- Check with the teacher about your attire; tights, socks, etc.
5 & 10 YEAR ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS – If you are to receive an award, please come backstage toward the end of your show. Signup for awards will be in the office, or you may email Breann at: [email protected]. Be sure to sign up and indicate which show you will be receiving your award by May 21st. Not having your name called on stage can be very disappointing.
DVDs – The shows will be professionally taped by Visconti Productions. Copies will be available for purchase. Order forms will be available in the office and at the theatre. DVDs may be ordered through the Sunday shows.
- Theatre doors open 1/2 hour prior to each show.
- The shows start ON TIME and we ask that the audience be in their seats before the show begins.
- NO strollers are allowed in the theatre at any time. Please park them in the lobby.
- NO eating or gum chewing in the theatre
- When entering and exiting the theatre to pick up your child, you MUST go in and out only through the rear doors. Do not use the side doors.
- Please go in and out only between dances, as it is distracting to the dancers and disturbing to the audience.
- No videotaping
- Flash Photography is not allowed in the theatre. It is a hazard and a distraction to the dancers. You may use a camera with a no-flash mode only
STUDIO PHOTOS (optional)
Students pictures in costumes will be taken in May and June by “Nancy Mueller Photography”.
Class photos in costume will be taken in each class from Saturday June 4th through Friday June 10th, levels three & below. Requests for a class photo for students levels four and above should be made via email to the MPAD office.
Sign up for individual photos in the office starting Mid-April. Individual photos will take place on the following dates: Sat. May 21st, Sun. May 21st, Sat. June 4th, and Sun. June 5th.
Volunteers are needed to act as ushers, box office, etc. A sign-up Genius invitation will be sent via email. Please sign up online if you can assist.
FLOWERS AND FUNDRAISERS
Studio tee shirts and flowers will be for sale in the lobby at the recital. Flowers can be pre-ordered and paid in the office. All flowers may be picked up on the day of each show in the lobby. The proceeds benefit the Competition Team Scholarship Fund during the National Dance Competition Finals in Long Beach in June. Please help support our team!
THIS IS NOT IN THE SHOW RUNNING ORDER
SATURDAY JUNE 11th – 11:00am
- Tuesday Pre Ballet 4’s – Nicole
- Tuesday Primary Ballet – Andressa
- Tuesday Advanced Tap – Dottie
- Thursday Boys Beg & Inter Hip Hop – Deborah
- Wednesday Lyrical III – Lauren
- Friday Pre Dance & Tap 3’s – Julie
- Friday Beg Jazz 6-8 – Emily
- Saturday Primary Ballet – Emily
- Saturday Ballet I – Emily
- Saturday Ballet II – Emily
- Saturday Ballet III – Emily
- Saturday Advanced II Contemporary – Michael
SATURDAY JUNE 11th – 1:30pm
- Monday Tap IV & V – Dottie
- Monday Inter/Adv Jazz – Lauren
- Tuesday Lyrical II – Terrin
- Tuesday Tap II – Dottie
- Tuesday Ballet III – Sarah
- Wednesday Ballet II – Chantelle
- Wednesday Adv II Jazz – Lauren
- Thursday Pre Dance & Tap 4’s – Nicole
- Thursday Ballet III – Andressa
- Thursday Adv I Ballet – Sarah
- Friday Pre Ballet 4’s – Julie
- Friday Jazz III – Lauren
- Saturday Inter/Adv Ballet – Michael
- Saturday Inter/Adv Lyrical – Patricia
SATURDAY JUNE 11th – 4:00pm
- Monday Pre Ballet 5’s – Andressa
- Monday Beg Tap I – Dottie
- Monday Ballet I – Andressa
- Monday Advanced I Contemporary – Michael
- Tuesday Beg Hip Hop 7-10 – Deborah
- Tuesday Advanced I Jazz – Terrin
- Wednesday Tap & Jazz – Lauren
- Wednesday Hip Hop III & IV – Deborah
- Thursday Pre Dance & Tap 3’s – Nicole
- Thursday Primary Ballet – Andressa
- Thursday Beg Lyrical 7-8 – Terrin
- Thursday Beg Teen Jazz – Terrin
- Saturday Pre Dance & Tap 3’s – Mae
SATURDAY JUNE 11th – 6:30pm
- Monday Tap III – Dottie
- Monday Inter Teen Ballet – Patricia
- Monday Advanced Ballet – Michael
- Monday Advanced Pointe – Michael
- Tuesday Hip Hop I & II – Deborah
- Tuesday Beg Teen Hip Hop – Deborah
- Tuesday Intermediate Hip Hop – Deborah
- Wednesday Ballet II – Andressa
- Wednesday Intermediate Teen Jazz – Lauren
- Friday Ballet II – Elizabeth
- Saturday Pre Ballet 5’s – Patricia
SUNDAY JUNE 12th – 11:00am
- Monday Ballet III – Patricia
- Monday Inter Fnd Ballet – Sarah
- Tuesday Inter Lyrical – Terrin
- Tuesday Advanced II Pointe – Sarah
- Wednesday Ballet III – Andressa
- Wednesday Lyrical V – Isabelle
- Wednesday Advanced II Lyrical – Isabelle
- Thursday Pre Ballet 5’s – Kirsten
- Thursday Ballet II – Kirsten
- Thursday Inter I Ballet – Kirsten
- Friday Jazz V – Lauren
- Saturday Pre Dance & Tap 4’s – Mae
- Saturday Pre Ballet 5’s – Mae
SUNDAY JUNE 12th – 1:30pm
- Monday Primary Ballet – Sarah
- Monday Ballet I – Patricia
- Monday Jazz II – Lauren
- Wednesday Pre Dance & Tap 4’s – Chantelle
- Wednesday Advanced I Lyrical – Isabelle
- Thursday Lyrical I – Terrin
- Thursday Inter II Pointe – Sarah
- Wednesday Adv Fnd Ballet – Sarah
- Friday Pre Dance & Tap 3’s – Emily
- Friday Ballet II – Sarah
- Friday Inter I Contemporary – Michael
- Saturday Pre Ballet 4’s – Mae
- Saturday Inter Ballet – Peter
- Saturday Advanced Ballet – Peter
SUNDAY JUNE 12th – 4:00pm
- Monday Jazz I – Lauren
- Monday Ballet IV – Andressa
- Tuesday Pre Dance & Tap 3’s – Nicole
- Tuesday Ballet I – Andressa
- Tuesday Ballet V – Andressa
- Tuesday Inter Jazz – Terrin
- Wednesday Pre Ballet 5’s – Isabelle
- Wednesday Ballet IV – Chantelle
- Wednesday Ballet V – Sarah
- Thursday Pre Ballet 4’s – Andressa
- Thursday Ballet I – Sarah
- Friday Pre Ballet 5’s – Emily
- Saturday Lyrical IV – Patricia
- Saturday Inter Ballet – Patricia
SUNDAY JUNE 12th – 6:30pm
- Monday Advanced Ballet – Michael
- Monday Advanced Pointe – Michael
- Monday Beg Teen Ballet – Patricia
- Monday Beg Teen Lyrical – Lauren
- Tuesday Ballet IV – Sarah
- Wednesday Primary Ballet – Sarah
- Wednesday Jazz IV – Lauren
- Thursday Ballet IV – Faith
- Thursday Ballet V – Faith
- Thursday Intermediate Teen Lyrical – Terrin
- Friday Ballet V – Elizabeth
- Friday Inter II Contemporary – Michael
Menlowe Ballet’s spring season, COLLAGE, features three world premieres by choreographers Val Caniparoli, Gregory Dawson and Artistic Director Michael Lowe. The company also announces the addition of former leading Silicon Valley Ballet dancers, Maykel Solas, Junna Ige, Amy Briones and Akira Takahashi. Performances take place Friday, April 29th at 8pm, Saturday, April 30th at 2pm & 8pm, and Sunday, May 1st at 2pm, at Menlo-Atherton Performing Arts Center, 555 Middlefield Road, Atherton, CA.
Tickets ranging from $28-$55 are available at www.menloweballet.org or by calling 800-595-4TIX (4849).
SUMMER at MPAD
MPAD Summer Intensive for Intermediate and Advanced students will be June 13th through June 22rd, 2016. The Intensive offers elite instruction in classical ballet technique, pointe, variations, pas de deux, contemporary, jazz and African dance. Lectures and Q & A sessions covering a variety of dance-related topics will be offered. The program culminates in an on-stage performance that family and friends can attend on June 22rd.
MPAD JUNIOR INTENSIVE will take place July 11th-July 22nd, 2016 and and MPAD SUMMER CLASSES July 11th to August 13th, 2016. Sign-up online mid-April. Please join us for another exciting summer!
Please contact the MPAD office if you have any questions.
Office hours are Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, Saturday 9am-1pm. 650-323-5292
All dates are listed on our calendar page at www.menloparkacademyofdance.com